Displaying a Cumulative Flow Diagram

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:31 PM

In Example 1 on the Home page, a sample of a CFD is shown. Was that produced by VisualWIP? I can't see any way to enable a CFD like this, so I assume that it's generated by simply adding a picture ("Add image column") from somewhere else? I would be interested in knowing (a) how that CFD was generated, and (b) how it was displayed. Thank you.

Coordinator
Apr 4, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Hi,

Yes that is an image column. You need to generate an image that will be accessible as a file path or as an URL. You can use Reporting Services to generate the diagrams and get the URL for the generated image. I'm no expert on Reporting Services so I have used Excel when generating my Kanban diagrams and then saved them as images. If you have Excel services you should be able to have the diagrams generated by Excel services and use the URL for the generated image.

You can find a walkthrough of how to create a CFD in Excel that fetches the data from TFS on my blog: http://hakanforss.wordpress.com/2011/08/18/how-to-create-a-cumulative-flow-diagram-in-excel-and-tfs-2010/

/Håkan Forss

Apr 4, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Håkan, thanks for the link to your CFD article on your blog - and nice job on that! That's exactly what I was looking for! You saved me a ton of work! :)

Coordinator
Apr 4, 2012 at 11:07 PM

You are welcome!