Feature request - moving tickets

Jan 4, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Edited Jan 4, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Feature request - moving tickets

I'm currently looking at the tool and I have a question. Is it possible at all to move a ticket from one column to another? I've seen your answer that it's not possible through drag & drop, but any other way?

/ Anders

Coordinator
Jan 5, 2012 at 3:56 AM

If you double click a sticky/ticket the standard TFS work item editor should open. Any changes made to the work item that would make the work item show in another column will "move" it when the board refreshes.

There is a built in plug in model that could support other ways of making the board interactive.This plug in model is code based and would be specific for your process. You could of cause make this plug in non process specific but it would require lots of work.

The plug in model works like this:

When a work item is retrived from TFS work item specific behaviors can be added. Today I add the open/edit work item behavior. It is possible to add others that then could be connected in the GUI by modifying the xaml code.

Please let me know in more detail what you are looking for and I will be able to think of possible solutions.

/Håkan

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:13 PM

So when you close the TFS work item editor, you must wait until the board refreshes to see the resultant move of a ticket from one column to another. Could this process be sped up to appear to be almost real-time by invoking the refresh upon closing the editor?

Coordinator
Apr 4, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Currently the Work Item Editor don't have access to the Application class that has the refresh method. I will take a look how to implement this. Will add this to the backlog. Thx for a great suggestion.

/Håkan

Coordinator
Apr 4, 2012 at 10:34 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.